The end-of-year celebrations that are Christmas and the New Year are a particularly convivial moment when you want to please with small gifts, but also by making good meals at home. For a meal worthy of the name and that will be remembered, what better than to trust the Chef Cyril Lignac, to tickle our taste buds. With its recipes ranging from chic and generous starters, to gourmet desserts and a very naughty dish, we are sure to make people happy. For a Cyril Lignac Christmas meal, here is a menu inspired by his recipes.
What do we eat at Christmas Cyril?
Whether on his show Everyone in the kitchenor on the radio RTL, the chef keeps giving us ever crazier recipes. Their little extra? They are always very easy to make. Impossible for us to miss. Christmas, might be rich in flavors with his creations. Among them, chestnut veloutéa salmon tartare or else a Scallop tartare and clementine for a chic, but very naughty aperitif. For the main course, we will have the choice between forest lasagna very generous, or with a salad of scallops and Jerusalem artichokes, if you want to reserve for dessert. Besides, for the little sweet touch, it’s up to us ultra gourmet log of the chef, accompanied by a gingerbread divine house. In other words, there is something for everyone. Find all the bests Christmas recipes from Cyril Lignac in our slideshow, for even more delicacies!
A Christmas menu inspired by the chef’s recipes
As a starter: scallop tartare and clementine
Ingredients for 4 verrines:
- large scallops 4cm in diameter (if they are smaller take 2 more, do not take the coral for this recipe)
- 30g Corsican clementine juice
- 10g lemon juice
- 50g olive oil
- A few dill leaves
- A few Sobacha or roasted sesame seeds
- 1 Corsican clementine
- flower of salt
- White or black pepper
- Wash your scallops under running cold water to remove excess sand and shells that the fishmonger may have left behind. Place the nuts in a clean cloth. Then cut them into not too big cubes and put them in a salad bowl.
- In a salad bowl, mix the 2 fruit juices with the olive oil.
- You can keep the clementine shells, they will serve as verrines.
- Season the scallop tartare with the vinaigrette, salt with fleur de sel and pepper. Mix and place in small verrines or clementine shells, add a few Sobacha or roasted sesame seeds, decorate with dill leaves and a clementine zest.
- If you have any vinaigrette left over, you can keep it refrigerated for a few weeks in a bottle.
The main course :
For a gourmet meal: forest lasagna and duck legs
- 8 sheets of dry lasagne pasta, cooked in salted water for 3 minutes
- 4 shredded duck legs
- 500 g brown button mushrooms, quartered
- 200 g well-cleaned trumpets of death
- 200g large spinach leaves, washed
- 15g butter
- ½ bunch of chopped tarragon
- 1 piece of parmesan of 200 g
- Olive oil
- Fine salt and ground pepper
For the bechamel sauce:
- 40g flour
- 40g butter
- 50 cl whole milk
- 125 g grated parmesan
- 1 piece of parmesan or other grating cheese
- Put the mushrooms in quarters, in a hot frying pan, pour a few drops of olive oil and pour the mushrooms, season them with fine salt and add a knob of butter. Place them on a plate. Cook the trumpets of death in the same way.
- Shred the duck legs in a salad bowl. Add the meat to the cooked trumpets, a piece of butter, continue to cook.
- Finely chop the tarragon and pour it into the preparation.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. In a saucepan, place the butter, melt it, add the flour, mix, and cook for 8 minutes to make a blond roux without coloring. Pour the milk. Add the parmesan. Mix and keep aside.
- In a large saucepan of salted boiling water, plunge the spinach leaves and cook them for a few moments. Then place them in an ice water bath and drain them on a sheet of paper towel.
- In the dish, place a layer of cooked lasagna pasta, then a layer of meat with mushrooms, cover with béchamel and, a layer of pasta, place the pan-fried mushrooms and grate parmesan on top, then a new layer of pasta, coat with béchamel, place the cooked spinach leaves and sprinkle with grated parmesan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes so that the dish is stewed and lightly grilled on top
And for dessert ?
What could be more traditional than a good Yule log?
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 whole eggs
- 6 egg whites
- 285 grams of sugar
- 85 grams of flour
- 125 grams of mascarpone
- 25 cl liquid cream
- chocolate shavings.
- In a bowl, pour two egg yolks and three whole eggs, add 135 grams of sugar and whisk.
- Incorporate 85 grams of flour, you then obtain the first dough.
- In another bowl, whip six egg whites, to which you add 85 grams of sugar, twice.
- Add everything to the first bowl.
- Spread the dough with the spatula on a silicone plate with a rim.
- Put in a very hot oven, at 210 degrees, for five minutes.
- When unmolding, do it directly on a damp cloth. The water and the heat will allow the biscuit to retain its humidity.
- Finally, prepare a stracciatella whipped cream. You need: 125 grams of mascarpone, 25 cl of liquid cream, 65 grams of sugar and chocolate shavings.
- Spread it directly on the biscuit and gently roll it up with the kitchen towel!
- It’s ready, serve and enjoy.
Read also :
Here is the recipe for delicious Christmas shortbread by Cyril Lignac
Christmas meal: 33 tasty recipes for verrines very easy to make for the holidays
Christmas meal: 15 delicious desserts by Cyril Lignac to make during the holidays